The 168 IRS Officers, Faculty Members , Office staff and others that I happened to come across at the National Academy of Direct Taxes , Nagpur during the 3 month orientation course undergone till end of July 2012

Sunday, July 15, 2012

NADT labourers

Santha Bai's daughter. 
Everytime, I could see her only with an abandoned look in her tearful eyes. This morning, she was seen playing alone with three white flowers in a broken piece of mudware. I think of my son whenever I watch street children. How unlucky, how forlorn they are born..How, throughout their whole colourless lives, some unshared insights into exploring the world aesthetically remain ignored, unblossomed. Had he been here, Siddharth would have only been too happy to play with her...

Santha Bai 
She was only too happy to pose. When I beckoned the little girl,
suddenly Santhabai appeared secure. I tried to make her smile toothily but she appeared to fall into an existential confusion whether to do that at an extraordinarily fat man making faces at her non-stop, without provocation.

 Santhi Bai 
She surprised me with the impromptu guesture of compositing her stance by way of suddenly placing that gravel vessel snatching it from Subhadra Bai. How proud this woman must have been to proclaim her work before an absolute stranger ! No, it could not have been that she was getting to be more and more uneasy....

Subhadra Bai 
Santhi Bai had just set a precedent which was undeniable 
as to its simplicity in thought. Subhadra had just to follow her more creative mate.

Parasuram
By default, both Parasuram and Bhagath Singh draped the soiled shawl around their necks ritually. It was as if they considered this lean stretch of crumpled cotton as their best exhibit about their shriveled bodies.

 Bhagath Singh

 Brijlal Koike. 
I was happy that he had no reservation in asking me 
for a drawing like the one done yesterday on the kid


2 comments:

  1. Santha Bai's daughter.
    Everytime, I could see her only with an abandoned look in her tearful eyes. This morning, she was seen playing alone with three white flowers in a broken piece of mudware. I think of my son whenever I watch street children. How unlucky, how forlorn they are born..How, throughout their whole colourless lives, some unshared insights into exploring the world aesthetically remain ignored, unblossomed. Had he been here, Siddharth would have only been too happy to play with her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sajjive, I couldn't stop the tears falling, after I saw the well captured caricature as well as the photos of real India. We all got our reward too early. The ultimate reward for all the sacrifices, all the sufferings, all the agonies and all the hungry days will go to these God's precious children. I am glad, you are blessed with a divine providence to look deeply into them to capture the finer emotions. Congrats! All the best! Keep drawing! And continue your humane touch on many innocent lives!

    ReplyDelete